Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ants, ants, go away, find your lunch some other way...

Does anyone have any ideas about natural ways to get rid of ants? I have heard cinnamon, I've heard cucumber, I've heard Ant and Roach killer.... that one doesn't sound so appealing, but I'm SICK of ANTS! It doesn't seem to matter how clean things are, they will still look for something to eat. Windows open are a requirement, and the ants that are coming in are coming through the screen--yes, they are that small. Soooo, I guess this is a plea for help. If anyone has any ideas, please leave me a comment and let me know. THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Deltaflute said...

borax. You kinda have to go a little toxic to kill them. And I don't think that you can deter them with an herb (but I'm not entirely sure on that one). If you put borax in key areas where they are around, they will die. But I warn you to keep your pets or children away as this can make them ill. It's a lot safer than a pesticide because usually those are sprays or bombs which can be inhaled.

I'll keep a look out for something else. Hope it helps.

Unknown said...

So sorry, we are under attack as well here in Georgia. I am going to try the Borax idea. I have used it before. But Borax is not toxic it is all natural Sodium Tetraborate. It is only toxic if you put it in your eye or eat it. I have yet to have a pet or person do either.
One thing we did was turn Lemon into Lemon aid. My son got an ant farm and we collected some of the invaders for pets.

Beauty and The Green said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me to reach my goal of 200 followers. I love the fact that you are a person concerned about out earth just like I am. All the best to you and God bless you and yours!